NEW TO YOGA? START HERE!
If you’re new to our Oconomowoc yoga studio, don’t sweat it! We’re here to help and give you ALL of the information you need to make sure your first trip to the studio is awesome!
HEADING TO OUR STUDIO FOR AN OCONOMOWOC YOGA CLASS
Your first visit to Sweat Shop Hot Yoga is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Follow the steps below to get started with your first yoga class. All levels, especially beginners, are welcome. We’re here to help you every step of the way through your yoga journey and we can’t wait to meet you!
- Step 1: Pick a class that works for your schedule. No need to sweat just yet, all of our classes are designed to be beginner friendly, help you build strength and to feel energized.
- Step 2: Arrive about 10 – 15 minutes before class begins to check in. Make sure to bring your water bottle, mat and towel (or rent them from the studio!).
- Step 3: Breathe, sweat and have some fun!
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT SWEAT SHOP HOT YOGA
Congratulations on taking your first hot yoga class with Sweat Shop Hot Yoga!
- Bring a plastic or metal water bottle, yoga mat and mat towel. No mat or towel? No problem, we have them available at the studio for rent. If it’s your first time here, they’re on the house.
- Refrain from applying any scents or perfumes before class.
- Chug, chug, chug! Make sure to drink plenty of water before and after class.
You made it to the studio, go you! Showing up is the hardest part.
- Come on in and slip your shoes off. After all, you’re home here! Please leave all footwear at the front door lockers and benches to avoid tracking dirt and debris throughout the studio.
- Tuck your personal belongings away in our convenient lockers. Don’t forget to leave your cell phone and your worries behind!
- Head to the reception desk where our team will get you checked in for class. Don’t worry, we promise we don’t bite!
- Notify the teacher of any injuries or medical conditions. This helps us in assisting and giving appropriate modifications during class.
- Use the restrooms to make sure you’re ready for an uninterrupted yoga class.
- Please silence watches and other electronic devices so as to not disturb your fellow yogis.
- Bring your mat, towel and water bottle and head into the yoga room!
We have a few yogi etiquette tips that will help you make sure you’re being respectful to your fellow classmates.
- Place your mat to ensure that you can see yourself in the front and side mirrors but are not blocking another person’s view.
- Make sure that your mat is facing the same direction as others and lay your long towel down over your mat.
- Speak softly within the studio to avoid distraction to others. Remain quiet until you leave the studio room after class.
Now comes the fun part, our hot yoga class!
- The teacher will verbally guide the class through a series of poses. Teachers oftentimes provide physical demonstrations as a guide to show students the poses.
- While it may be challenging, yoga should never hurt. Always be sure to listen to your body and move at your own pace.
- We’ve got no shame in our savasana game! If you feel tired or fatigued during class, try relaxing in a lying down position.
- Do your best to stay in the room for the entire class. This helps us keep the hot air in and makes sure that our fellow yogis have an uninterrupted class!
- If you’re new to yoga, don’t hesitate to check out our Basics class which is heated to 85°. This is a great way to learn some common yoga poses and give yourself the opportunity to acclimate to the heat.
Woo hoo! You just finished class, we knew you could do it! 😉
- You deserve to celebrate! Give us a high five for completing your first class with Sweat Shop Hot Yoga!
- Soak up all of the good vibes and enjoy the feeling of rejuvenation that follows a hot yoga class.
- Chug, chug, chug! Make sure to drink plenty of water or electrolytes afterwards.
- Don’t quit! When starting any new physical activity, you may be sore and find the first few classes extremely challenging- that’s normal! In time, your body will adjust and you will get even stronger- mentally and physically!
- Last but not least, get booked for your next class! With our 10 days of yoga for $10 you can experience multiple class styles and teachers to find the best fit for you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OCONOMOWOC YOGA CLASSES
Still have more questions about our Oconomowoc yoga classes? Don’t sweat it! Everything you need to know about hot yoga and visiting our studio is below. We can’t wait to meet you soon!
How Early Should I Come to Class?
What Should I Drink and Eat Beforehand?
Chug, chug, chug! Make sure to drink plenty of water before and after class. Make sure to drink plenty of water or electrolytes after class. Try not to eat any big meals two to three hours prior to class, a light snack, fruit or juice is recommended if you are hungry.
What Should I Wear?
If we can promise you one thing, it’s that you’re going to sweat while you’re here! We’ve found that sweat wicking workout clothing that is form-fitting tends to work best. Avoid thick, cotton materials if possible.
What Should I Bring with Me?
Should I Practice If I’m Injured, New to Exercise or Pregnant?
If you are physically in good condition to exercise, we recommend attending our Basic hot yoga class to learn the fundamentals to help you get started. Before starting class, please notify the teacher of any injuries or medical conditions. This helps us in assisting and giving appropriate modifications during class.
How Often Should I Practice Yoga?
What Do I Do with My Shoes? Should I Wear Socks?
Can I Bring My Cell Phone?
What Classes Should I Take?
View our Class Schedule to learn more about the classes offered. No need to preregister. Just show up!